It’s official: your boring, beige toast kind of sucks. However, I have an easy solution to increase its awesomeness: simply add rainbows…and cannabis. The world is your cosmic playground when you’ve got yourself a carb-o-licious slice of this magic Cannabis Cosmic Toast.
Easy to prepare, this recipe really only requires about a minute of your time and has an extremely basic ingredients list. Of course, if you’re not keen on cannabis at the moment, you can omit it; the results will still be unicorn-approved and Instagram-worthy.
Cosmic Cannabis Toast
- 1 tsp cannabutter (see note on dosage, below)
- 1-2 Tbsp cream cheese, very soft
- Food coloring in red, orange, yellow, blue, green, and violet
- Optional but highly suggested: sprinkles or edible glitter
1. In a small bowl, combine the cannabutter and cream cheese. Stir together (I use a butter knife to kind of palette-knife mix) until combined and no streaks remain.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the top portion of your slice of toast. Drop a tiny little drop of each color of food coloring on top. Try to make sure that the drops don’t touch, but no need to get militant about it.
3. With your knife, spread each color as you drag the cream cheese to cover the rest of the surface of the toast. Clean the knife between colors so that you can control how they mix and don’t end up with weird brown ugliness.
4. Once you’ve gotten an initial spread of each color, use the knife to refine or add texture to the cream cheese, if desired.
5. Garnish with sprinkles or edible glitter, take a photo for Instagram, then enjoy immediately.
● Be sure to use very soft cream cheese for this recipe, as it will spread and mix with the food coloring far easier (and not to mention less messily) than with hard or cold cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese such as Neufchatel or vegan cream cheese is also fine.
● Food coloring: You don’t have to use the colors I suggested; you can use any mix you’d like. Choose your own adventure!
● For extra shimmery toast, add a sprinkle of luster dust (available in cake decorating supply stores) on top of the cream cheese before spreading.
A note on dosage:
I “dosed” this recipe with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter per serving (3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon). The strength of your finished product will depend on many factors, including the type of marijuana you used and how you made your cannabutter.
For more tips on proper dosage, visit my post on 5 Ways To Figure Out THC Dosage With Cannabutter.